Thursday 11 July 2013

NAILS OF THE WEEK

I could easily blog about nail polishes for the rest of my life, and I'm not even joking. Nail polishes are a huge love of mine and I'm always buying new polishes and testing out different colours and styles. 
One style that has been very popular lately, and a love of mine, is block colour nails with the glitter on the ring finger nail. I recently reviewed NYC Lights Camera Glitter! where I spoke about my love for glitter nails, so it was inevitable another post featuring it was going to follow! 
Summer nails to me are usually bold block corals, oranges and pinks but I decided to have a change. This week I've gone for pastels and glitters, one of my favourite combinations.
I started with Essie's Full Steam Ahead on all my nails but my ring finger. I applied two coats and a top coat to achieve the perfect amount of colour. I then used Bourjois So Glossy in Taupe (two coats) and three coats of NYC Lights Camera Glitter on my ring finger. 
I really love the combination of these three nail polishes. The shimmer in Essie's Full Steam Ahead goes really well with the block glitter that NYC LGC, especially over Bourjois Taupe. I really think pastel nail polishes are underrated, and lilacs polishes in general, so I hoping this post will open your eyes to the beauty of pastels with glitters!

Would you wear a nail combination like this? What do you think about pastel nails?

No comments:

Post a Comment