Friday 16 May 2014

FOTD - SUBTLE AND PINK

Wow is it hot in London at the moment, summer has finally arrived! And with this hot weather comes a minimal face of the face because I'm sure you all know, nothing is worse that wearing a ton of makeup of your face when it's warm out. Especially for me because I have combo skin and by midday, half of it is falling of my face, irrelevant of whether I have a primer and setting spray on!

So today I decided to go for a subtle pink, glowing skin look and this is how I got it.
Firstly I applied a little bit of MONU Hydrating Moisturiser to give my skin a bit of hydration and the MONU Illuminating Primer in order to get my makeup to last a little bit longer, and on a normal day this does a fab job of doing so. Both have an SPF 15.
As a rule I apply a medium to full coverage foundation with my Real Techniques buffing brush in order to get maximum cover, but on warmer days I automatically reach for my MAC Face and Body. I applied this using my fingertips to really work it into the skin and get a average coverage. This foundation is ideal for the dewy glowing skin I want.

On top of my foundation, I patted on a little bit of concealer from my ELF concealer palette just to hide a few of those blemishes. 
After sitting about and waiting for my base to sink in, I moved onto my brows. I've really been loving Maybelline's Colour Tattoo in the shade Permanent Taupe just to fill them in. The shade doesn't seem to come up well on camera but it's a good match for my brows and due to it being a gel eyeshadow, it stays put all day which is perfect for me!

Once they were done, I moved back onto the face. I gave my face a bit of definition with my ELF contour blush duo (see the full review here) and highlighted the tops of my cheeks, cupids bow and bridge of my nose with my MUA Undress Your Skin highlight- I highly recommend both these products, both so cheap and work wonders!
For eyes I went for a subtle pink. For this I swept on the third shade from my Estee Lauder Signiture Eyeshadow in 03 Smoky Pink quad all over my lid and gave it a bit of definition with the browny pink from the same quad - swatches are below.
I feel naked without eyeliner, so on when a small line of NYC High Definition Liquid Eyeliner in Extra Black and to finish it off, I curled my lashes and applied a few coats of my favourite mascara, No7 Lash Impact in Black as well. 

And finally to complete the look, I dabbed on a little bit of NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in the shade Tokyo. These lip creams are perfect for this weather as they're not drying on the lips but definitely do not budge and last all day on me.
And that's todays makeup, hope you're all enjoying the sunshine!

SHOP THE POST:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment