Thursday 22 May 2014

MY GO TO SUMMER LIPS

So with all this nice weather I thought I would do a post on my favourite summer lips. Traditionally, I'm a nude lippy lover and I rarely stray from this but lately I've been feeling a little bit more confident and have decided to give the bright lips ago! Apologies for the lack of my typical 'in the packaging shot', I took the images today and they have come out RUBBISH and I've given up all hope. Anywayssss, here are my top five summer lip colours!

First up is Rimmel's Apocalips in the shade Luna. If you read my blog you'll know this little lovely popped up in my April favourites and is an all time love for me. When it comes to brighter lips, I love a good orange shade and Luna is perfect for me. It's not too in your face but there's enough orange-y-ness to make an impact. The Apocalips glide on like a dream, last for aaaaages and have such a lovely finish to them.

In comes my favourite bright of all time, Rimmel's Lasting Finish by Kate in the shade 110. This is a true orangey red and is ideal for that pop of colour I need in summer, especially because I'm typically a monochrome gal when it comes to clothes. These are so raved about with bloggers and it's well deserved! This lipstick glides on brilliantly, has amazing pigmentation and has a matte finish which lasts all day without clingy to any dry bits.

I always used to shy away from pink but I'm starting to fall in love, especially with Maybelline's Colorsensational lipstick in the shade Fuchsia Flush. An eye popping pink with blue undertones to make your teeth look whiter, who could ask for more? This has more of a sheeny finish but it is truly beautiful lipstick that I recommend to all colour lovers out there.

Fourth up comes MAC Pink Pearl Pop. This is so usually a 'not a Paige kind of lippy' but I'm loving it lately with muted eye makeup and a bronzed skin look. Like all MAC Cremesheen lipsticks, it's got a glossy almost lipgloss look with shimmering flecks running throughout, but it feels so hydrating on my lips. This shade looks perfect on tanned up skin (and pale skin too) and is the ideal girly pink lipstick. Like all MAC lipsticks, they are a lipstick dream, you get my drift?

And last, but by no means least, MUA's amazing £1 lipstick in the shade Nectar. This has to be the lipstick I'm always running too lately, and I'm hoping the swatch above will give you an understanding why. At beyond a bargain at only £1, these lipsticks are seriously faultless; cheap, good quality, amazing pigmentation all with a gorgeous glossy finish.

What's your favourite summer lipsticks?

SHOP THE POST:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment